Reap the benefits of seamlessly connecting all the elements needed for smart charging.
of charging takes place at home and in offices
- Earn by offering EV charging flexibility to DSOs aiming to control the load in their power network
- Earn by offering EV charging flexibility to energy retailers aiming to deliver energy when it is most cost-efficient
- Couple home charging with public charging service and increase your customer loyalty
- Add charging stations in a bundle with household electricity supply to advance your sales
- Enable a higher integration of renewables in the energy gridRead more
Majority of charging takes place at home or on workplace locations where cars are parked for a longer time. In such cases, EV batteries can be used to assist the power grid as long as the charging system can synchronise load times with the times when renewable power production is the highest. To this end, chargers need to be controllable and able to perform power management commands. Using green energy at the time of its abundance is not just environmentally sound, but also brings economic benefits that can be exploited by aggregators.Show less
- MID-certified meters available on every Etrel model and for each socket enable verifiable metering
- OCPP 1.6 supported
- Different connectivity options to access the charge points, such as built-in 3G router, Ethernet, and WiFi
- Each charger designed to be connected to the Cloud
- Modbus protocol supported for integration with smart homes and energy management systems
- Ocean software can manage both public and private charge points in a single instanceRead more
Etrel charging stations are developed for smart charging. With the support of OCPP 1.6 protocol and several physical communication interfaces, each charging station can be easily connected to a central management system. Coupled with the Client’s own Energy Management System that interacts with the grid operators or energy suppliers, connected charging stations are able to automatically respond by adjusting their charging power whenever necessary.Show less
- Power management can be instructed within the Ocean manually (on individual chargers) or automatically on groups of charging stations
- Connection with external EMS system allows using your EV load flexibility for grid operation or demand response
- Etrel has a background in the energy industry, providing ICT solutions for distribution system operators, transmission system operators, as well as consulting projects for multi-utilities on entering the electricity retail marketRead more
Etrel can help you be on the forefront of emobility providers recognising the future necessity for smart, controllable charging. You can build a resilient and future-proof charging network integrated in the power grid, capable of handling not just public charging, but also specific requirements of home users. Since all user interfaces used to interact with Etrel charging stations, (such as the physical touch screens on Etrel charging stations and any of Etrel-powered mobile apps for public charging) are designed to support controlled charging, users are able to participate in smart charging schemes with ease and maximum convenience.Show less
SEV is an electricity utility company comprising a cooperative of all municipalities in the Faroe Islands, an archipelago close to Norway and Denmark. Their operations include generation, transmission, distribution, and supply of electricity. As an isolated island grid, Faroe Islands are very sensitive to any additional electricity loads on the network and are planning carefully on how to transition into using electric power for the fleet of about 20.000 vehicles on the islands. Grid-level power management is a necessary prerequisite for their emerging charging network. First tens of stations have already been installed and are in operation in Etrel Ocean managed by SEV, who use the Ocean software both to offer the charging service and to perform load management on the network of connected charge points . Since both hardware and software need to be able to respond to power management commands, Etrel has also delivered its G6 public stations to the Faroes. The rough environment with high salinity, moisture, and frequent rainfall called for especially durable equipment which Etrel was able to supply, using a specially reinforced stainless steel enclosure for even the most adversarial conditions.
eeMobility is a German-based company with an innovative approach exploiting flexibility of electric vehicles. They offer individual charging solutions for company fleets, performing installation of intelligent charging points at home or at work with renewable power supply, as well as providing access to European public charge points when needed en route. That allows EV drivers to easily charge their vehicles everywhere. Since eeMobility has an in-depth knowledge of the energy industry, it is building its case of smart controllable charging already today. Using Etrel wallboxes, eeMobility aims to create a large pool of connected devices, able to respons to command from a central back office system which is interacting with the energy market to optimize the prices of delivered energy. Doing so enables it to exploit EV charging flexibility both to synchronise with times of cheap, renewable energy production in German grid, and achieve financial benefits at the same time.
Get in contact with Etrel representative at firstname.lastname@example.org to find an optimal solution for you.